General Do you tend to join/avoid sites that use a certain forum software?

For discussions that don't fit other prefixes.
For me it's more a matter of free vs paid software.
Always thought you were a snob.

I started out with vBulletin so the transition to xenForo seemed natural for me. As a result I have never been overly fond of Invision based boards. They just feel clunky. I know people who use Invision love it, but for me they just don't feel as intuitive as a xenForo forum does.

It's entirely a matter of personal preference.

No.

Listen, that sort of aggression is what has caused a lot of forum industry and genre to die like it is.

Instead of being jealous or hating on different software, we should embrace forums otherwise we'll kill it all off in the end.

I'm fine joining any forum using any software.

I don't know what it is about phpBB, but I've never been fond of sites that use the software. Maybe it's the layout, the theme, or the lack of some features, but I've never been a fan of it.

No.

Listen, that sort of aggression is what has caused a lot of forum industry and genre to die like it is.

Instead of being jealous or hating on different software, we should embrace forums otherwise we'll kill it all off in the end.

I'm fine joining any forum using any software.
This is true, perhaps it's just a subjective thing on my end.

I do like to join forums if they are using forum scripts which are not the norm though, something like Flarum, Vanilla, etc. Not the usual XF or Invision forums.

Back