General When should you offer VIP Memberships?

For discussions that don't fit other prefixes.

Cedric

404: Title Not Found
Administration
Setting up VIP memberships is a fantastic way to reward your most dedicated members and generate additional income for your community. But the timing of when you launch VIP memberships is key to making it successful!

Some thoughts:
  1. Your community must be active: Make sure there’s enough regular activity. VIP perks only work if people are already invested.
  2. You can offer something special: Have exclusive content, features, or benefits that people will actually want. No one cares about a bigger PM box size.
  3. Members are asking for more: If people are asking for premium features or ways to support the community, it’s a great sign you’re ready.
  4. You can manage it: Make sure you have the tools in place to handle payments and access smoothly.
In short, launch VIP memberships when your community is thriving, there’s demand, and you’re ready to offer real value.

When did you launch your VIP membership? And is the income generated enough to sustain your community?

My forum has four VIPs, and their main special privilege is access to a secret forum section where normally the staff hold discussions (and from there I would allow them to make contributions). All four of these people are those that I trust and also good assets to the forum, and with one of them being of someone I knew for over fifteen years and knew how I can things in my previous forums.

Back