Leadership What do you think are the biggest mistakes made by forum administrators/staff teams?

For discussions around effective leadership styles and practices.

Cpvr

Rookie Contributor
Community Moderator
When it comes to other forums you might be part of—especially since we’re all staff or forum owners—what are some behaviors from other forum leaders or team members that really bother you or that you consider major mistakes for a site?

For me, regarding staff dynamics, there are two main issues that stand out (I might think of more later):

First, moderation without communication. If you need to delete or edit my posts or close my thread, that's fine, but please let me know. If possible, provide an explanation for your actions.

Second, it’s frustrating to see staff members online while spam persists for hours without being addressed, especially when the staff is actively posting. What’s going on there?

Now, when it comes to forum ownership:

Launching a new site with countless empty forums? Just don’t do it. Start with a few essential categories and expand as necessary.
And please avoid recruiting a massive staff before you even have members to moderate!

Reactions: UTT
Back