Shawn Here!

Shawn

Newcomer
Howdy folks,

Shawn here. Long time forum owner (over 20 years). I run around 4 forums but getting ready to start my 5th one. I run them in alignment with my passions, not so much for business.

I've ran some big forums. Skywarn Forum was my biggest, even bought out my competition, have over 10K members. It eventually crashed and I was not able to recover it. Sad but lessons learned. Owned a forum called Another Admin Forum which might be where some of you remember me from. I just recently restarted that forum and am excited about it.

I'm heavily involved in online community. I'm even a paid community manager from a well-known site called Copyblogger.

I also do social communities. I have several Facebook groups with more than 2K members on each and a really big one with 46K members.

I love communities and forums and I love to help others with theirs.

Other than that, I'm 40 years old, male, and I'm from southern IL.

Thanks for having me!

Howdy Shawn, pleasure seeing you here! Welcome to Administrata.

As you can tell, I couldn't stay away from this niche for very long. There's something about community management that just keeps pulling you back! I need to visit your admin site more often, you always have some great discussions going on.

Howdy Shawn, pleasure seeing you here! Welcome to Administrata.

As you can tell, I couldn't stay away from this niche for very long. There's something about community management that just keeps pulling you back! I need to visit your admin site more often, you always have some great discussions going on.
I love admin forums. I'll try to join every one of them I can :)

I get it, too. AAF was my baby and now I have a chance to revive it. So, that's what I'm doing :)

Welcome aboard, Shawn!

You always have very insightful posts for people to read concerning running a community!

Back