SEO Do you prefer to do your own SEO or do you hire someone to do it?

For topics specifically about improving community visibility online.

Cpvr

Rookie Contributor
Community Moderator
Some webmasters are skilled at doing their own SEO and can grow their online community through SEO, while other forum owners choose to outsource it and hire someone to handle it for them.

So, are you a community owner who can do their own SEO, or do you prefer to hire someone to do it for you? If you're the type to do your own SEO, how long have you been doing it?

I admit that sometimes I'm lazy. If I'm in a good mood then I'll do my best to get everything as optimized as I can. And I have to admit that often I use ChatGPT do to that too. It seems to have a better understanding which phrasing to use than I do.

my board has a 100% SEO score on both mobile and desktop
Same here, only that you helped out on that :P

And yeah, I've done some SEO work myself but for my forum had only done it recently so it may take a wee while for guest activity to increase substantially, and also for the likes of Googlebot to crawl the forum again.

Same here, only that you helped out on that
And if it weren't for you using PageSpeed Insights, to begin with, I wouldn't have the 100% SEO score using that tool because my board had similar SEO issues that yours did.

Same here, only that you helped out on that :P

And yeah, I've done some SEO work myself but for my forum had only done it recently so it may take a wee while for guest activity to increase substantially, and also for the likes of Googlebot to crawl the forum again.

Are you using google search console to track your clicks and search traffic?

What are you using to track your daily traffic? Google analytics or another data service?

Are you using google search console to track your clicks and search traffic?

What are you using to track your daily traffic? Google analytics or another data service?
I use neither. I just cross my fingers to see if anybody turns up via the Online List...

Google Search Console is pretty easy to use. You have to insert your board URL and a meta tag into the <head> section of your board wrapper and you can get live search updates that way. I use it myself.

I use neither. I just cross my fingers to see if anybody turns up via the Online List...
If you’re actively promoting and working on SEO, you’ll have to track where your traffic is coming from somehow, so I’d recommend implementing those scripts.
They’ll help you out a lot!

If you’re actively promoting and working on SEO, you’ll have to track where your traffic is coming from somehow, so I’d recommend implementing those scripts.
They’ll help you out a lot!
I'm hopeless at coding, but I did have someone who helped create a "tracker" page for my forums before (which came in the form of a plain text document showing the IP address of the guest plus the source they originated from (like from a Google search or clicking on the link on my sig).

Back